Become an Instructor
Learn to dance & teach! Become a Salsa, Bachata, and Zouk instructor.
We are looking for a few dedicated individuals who want to start down the path to make a living teaching dance.
to teach dance?
The reward of seeing your students progress and become proficient dancers.
Great studio atmosphere with a growth mindset to help you achieve your goals.
Learn to dance and become an amazingly skilled dancer.
Do what you love, love what you do!
Fund your dance habit!
Become the best that you can be, as quickly as possible.
Travel and perform!
Learn to be a more effective teacher in anything you do, with our trademark teaching methods & techniques.
The dance floor beats a cubicle any day!
13 weeks from June 3rd- August 31st (July 4th-7th off)
*Wednesday 9:30pm-11:00pm (social dancing)
*Friday 9:30pm-11:00pm (social dancing)
*social dancing oppurtunities should be taken advantage of at least once per week.
Teacher Training Will Include
- Top of the line dance training
- Instructor training
- Anatomy training
- Basic sales training
- SIM trademark teaching methodology
- All group classes at the studio
- All studio socials
- Access to our dance syllabus
- Access to the studio for practice anytime we are open
- Exams in teaching methodology, anatomy, dance technique and syllabus moves
- 4+ hours of solo practice per week
- Complete homework assignments in a timely manner
- Arrive on time
- Attend all group classes at the studio in your ability level (you will lead or follow as numbers dictate for each class)
- Social dance at least once per week
- It is not recommended that you miss class, but if you must you will need to get together with another class member to go over missed material or take a private lesson (for an additional fee) to make up the material that you missed.
Instructor training courses can normally cost upwards of $1,500.
Since we are new to Boise, we are offering this training for FREE! The next time we offer instructor training it will be full price.
You also get an all access pass to studio classes while you are in training.
- Someone who is…
- Loves people
- Genuinely helpful and kind
- Growth mindset
- Loves to learn
- Enjoys feedback and is committed to becoming better every day
Send your resume and a minimum 250 word cover letter detailing why you want to become a dance instructor and what qualities you have that make you an excellent teacher!
All resumes and cover letters should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Instructor Training Application”...
If chosen for the next round of interviews you will receive a 15 minute phone interview.
Preferred Experience (not required)
- Teaching experience in any field
- Experience creating curriculum
- Public speaking
- Dance experience in any style
If you make it to the final round of selections you will receive an instructional video and be asked to learn the move in the video and send a video showing yourself executing the move. This is to see your ability to absorb information.
Taking instructor training does not guarantee a position will be offered. If you are hired you can expect perks such as subsidized training at dance festivals with some of the best dancers in the world! Subsidized private lessons when we bring in out of town instructors. An amazing team of like minded people who are dedicated to being the best at their craft.